Dental Fun Facts by Justice Dental, Lexington KY
Dental Fun Facts
Below, learn a few fun facts about oral health, teeth, and more!
- The average human produces 25,000 quarts of saliva in a lifetime. That is enough spit to fill up 2 swimming pools!
- You should not keep your toothbrush near a toilet. The airborne particles from the flush can travel up to a distance of 6 feet. Yuck!
- People who drink 3 or more glasses of soda each day have 62% more tooth decay, fillings, and tooth loss than those who choose other beverages. Put down the pop and sports drinks and pick up some nice, crisp water instead.
- In 1994, a prison inmate in West Virginia braided dental floss into a rope, scaled the wall, and escaped. (We suggest that you use floss to clean between your teeth instead of climbing prison walls! If you don’t you are missing around 35% of surfaces on your teeth.)
- You should replace your toothbrush at least every three months, and always after you have the flu, a cold, or any other viral infection. Notorious bacteria can implant themselves on the toothbrush bristles leading to re-infection.
- Tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the human body. However, we do not recommend that you use your pearly whites to open bottle caps!
- The standard advice to “see your dentist twice a year” was actually invented by an ad agency for Pepsodent toothpaste! Your dental professional should recommend the correct schedule for your regular dental visits.
- A recent poll has shown that health professionals (physicians, dentists and nurses) were among the most trusted people in The United States. The least trusted? Lobbyists and congressmen of course!
- According to a recent survey done by Time Magazine, 59% of Americans would rather have a dental appointment than be sitting next to someone talking on a cell phone. Maybe some of us should take a hint!
- Over three out of four people in the United States suffer from some form of gum disease. It is the leading cause of tooth loss in people over age 35. The good news is, in most cases gum disease can be prevented or controlled!
We’re Not Your Average Lexington Kentucky Dentist
From the moment you step into our office you’ll quickly realize that this isn’t your average dentist office. Our mission is to deliver the very best cosmetic dentistry and whole health, anti-aging dentistry by creating natural, beautiful and healthy smiles.
We promise to keep customer service and patient comfort as our top priority, all while delivering the very best treatments and procedures available today in any Lexington dentist – whether it’s delivering the perfect smile, reconstructing your whole mouth, or helping you identify or prevent whole health wellness.
We are world class, proudly nestled right here in Lexington, KY. From one of the top 25 dentists in the nation to handpicked teams of doctors, hygienists, surgeons and dental specialists – we create natural, beautiful, and healthy smiles which function with optimal comfort and durability.
Contact us today, and learn more about how we can help you design your perfect smile!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!