Bad Breath Woes
Whether you call it bad breath or halitosis, it’s an unpleasant condition that’s cause for embarrassment.
Some people with bad breath aren’t even aware there’s a problem. If you’re concerned about bad breath, see your dentist and dental hygienist. Together they can help identify the cause and, if it’s due to an oral condition, develop a treatment plan to help eliminate it.
Common Causes of Bad Breath (halitosis):
- Certain foods—garlic, onion, etc.
- Inadequate oral hygiene
- Dry mouth (xerostomia)
- Gingivitis and periodontal disease
- Tobacco products
- Medical disorder—respiratory/sinus infection, bronchitis, diabetes, GERD /acid reflux, etc.
Treatment Options for Bad Breath:
- Diet and Nutrition counseling
- Improved dental home care as advised by your dentist and dental hygienist
- Alternative and/or additional dental care products—toothpastes, mouthrinses, floss, etc.
- Scaling and root planing to treat periodontal disease
- Tobacco cessation
- Regularly scheduled professional cleanings to reduce, treat and prevent bad breath
- Referral to a physician for evaluation of underlying medical condition
We’re Not Your Average Lexington Kentucky Dentist
From the moment you step into our office you’ll quickly realize that this isn’t your average dentist office. Our mission is to deliver the very best cosmetic dentistry and whole health, anti-aging dentistry by creating natural, beautiful and healthy smiles.
We promise to keep customer service and patient comfort as our top priority, all while delivering the very best treatments and procedures available today in any Lexington dentist – whether it’s delivering the perfect smile, reconstructing your whole mouth, or helping you identify or prevent whole health wellness.
We are world class, proudly nestled right here in Lexington, KY. From one of the top 25 dentists in the nation to handpicked teams of doctors, hygienists, surgeons and dental specialists – we create natural, beautiful, and healthy smiles which function with optimal comfort and durability.
Contact us today, and learn more about how we can help you design your perfect smile!