Keeping a Smile Sparkly
In between regular visits to the dentist, there are several products that you can use that will greatly decrease the risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and other dental problems.
- Brush for 2 minutes, twice daily, with a soft bristled toothbrush. Do not exceed 3 brushings per day.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months to avoid bacterial colonization.
- Studies have shown 8 out of 10 patients using an electric toothbrush have better dental checkups than patients using a manual toothbrush.
- Colgate Total is the only over-the-counter toothpaste that kills bacteria in the mouth responsible for causing gingivitis.
- Sensodyne Pronamel and Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief are great over-the-counter options for patients who struggle with enamel sensitivity.
- For cavity-prone patients, prescription Prevident fluoride toothpaste and fluoride-free MI Paste are products available through our office.
- Most dentists recommend flossing at least once a day.
- Woven floss removes up to 52% more plaque than waxed floss. Reach Gum Care is designed to be gentle on gums and has fluoride to help prevent cavities.
- For patients with tight contacts, woven floss can be difficult to use. In this case we recommend Reach Total Care—“it slides like Glide” but removes up to 2x more plaque.
Recent research suggests every patient can benefit from the daily use of an oral rinse. Using a mouth rinse helps eliminate bacteria in the mouth responsible for infection of the teeth and gums; however, not all rinses are effective. Many over-the-counter mouth rinses only temporarily freshen breath. Mouth rinse should be used to treat bacteria which are the source of bad breath.
We’re Not Your Average Lexington Kentucky Dentist
From the moment you step into our office you’ll quickly realize that this isn’t your average dentist office. Our mission is to deliver the very best cosmetic dentistry and whole health, anti-aging dentistry by creating natural, beautiful and healthy smiles.
We promise to keep customer service and patient comfort as our top priority, all while delivering the very best treatments and procedures available today in any Lexington dentist – whether it’s delivering the perfect smile, reconstructing your whole mouth, or helping you identify or prevent whole health wellness.
We are world class, proudly nestled right here in Lexington, KY. From one of the top 25 dentists in the nation to handpicked teams of doctors, hygienists, surgeons and dental specialists – we create natural, beautiful, and healthy smiles which function with optimal comfort and durability.
Contact us today, and learn more about how we can help you design your perfect smile!